This is how I solved the problem with Google Analytics not saving setup after I had updated WordPress:
1. Make sure you have a backup of youre database.
2. Get in to phpmyadmin and locate ”wp_options” to the left. Click it.
3. Select ”Visa” / ”Show” (i use swedish language so it might be different if english)
4. Find the row with ”GoogleAnalyticsPP” stated
5. Click ”Ändra” / ”Change” (icon that looks like a pen)
6. Now you se a ”fält” / ”field” caled ”option_value” with some values. Those you delete! (again – backup first).
7. Now its done. Get back to Word press and reset the Goggle for Analytics plugin. It should now work as intended!
Basicaly i did as stated by ”shayzorblade” (tnx by the way) in: